May 14, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday- Some of my favorite things

So my top ten list for today centers around some of my favorite things. Over this past weekend, I got to experience some of my favorite things, and got to thinking about it so thought I'd use it as a topic for today's top ten list....everyone can identify and list their favorite things...you know those things and moments in life that when you experience or think about them bring you to your "happy place", warm your heart, and make you smile. This is by no means a complete list of my favorite things nor are these necessarily in any particular order....I really enjoy a lot of things, but these are the first ten that came to my mind today when thinking of this topic.

1. My children's laughter...they have the best laughs...you know the kind that come from your belly....it's sheer delight-while individual and unique, both bring a smile to my face and brighten my day instantly. If I could bottle up their laughs and sell them, I would be a millionaire...

2. The smell of fresh cut grass... in particular on a summer evening or spring morning when wild onions have been cut along with the grass....and also the smell of freshly sharpened pencils. (I know that last one's a little strange...but it is what it is)

3. Sweet Tea- this to me is the nectar of the gods and hands down is my favorite drink....it has to be freshly brewed, sweet tea and not the northern substitution of "flavored tea" or the tea you get in a can or otherwise prepared- yes, I am a tea snob and have to say my favorite is Chick-fil-A sweet tea....its the closest thing to "gigi" tea (this is the sweet tea my grandmother used to make me when I was a little girl....it was really "a little tea with your sugar" kind of sweet tea, but it was the best...what I would give to have a tall glass of "gig" tea today....thankfully she taught me the secret before she passed away though when I make it's still not quite the same)

4. I love office supplies and office supply stores....pens, markers, paper, organizers, etc....I love them all. One of the perks of my job is that I get to use office supplies every day....am pretty sure that classifies me a somewhat of a geek, but that's okay.

5. Music- I LOVE music....really all kinds, except for the whole 90's grunge thing....I just can't get into that or super weird alternative or otherwise eclectic, artsy fartsy music....other than that, I love it all...A song with its tune and/or lyrics can always express things I feel but am unable to communicate.... Music gets me right to my core...and I don't know what I would do without it. My preference is usually directly linked to my mood at the time but there are several songs that are just staples in my musical preference. You know like the favorite pair of shoes that go with anything or your favorite pair of jeans that you can wear anytime....For some people their comfort solace is in food....for me its music.

6. Sports- I love sports....playing, watching, really anything involving sports...To me there is just nothing better than a baseball game on a summer night or spring afternoon or a football game in the Fall....whether it's a high school ball game, college game, or a professional one each has its own appeal....I love the whole experience from the hamburgers and hot dogs to the cheers and jeers of the crowd, all while watching with anticipation to see if my team is going to win....(though to be honest, I'd go and watch even if it wasn't my favorite team)....I spent a good bit of time on the ball field growing up with my dad who played when I was young, and then as I got older these were things we did together to spend time with each other...often times not a word was spoken, but the memories made and time spent is priceless....I've been to some great games in my lifetime....

7. Trivia and little know facts about random things...I am fascinated by these things....useless information although sometimes you never know when it can come in handy or when you'll need to use it for something

8. I love food.....especially good food...I think it ties in with the sensory part of who I am....and while I love to cook and enjoy home-cooked meals, I thoroughly enjoy the dining out experience.....especially when the company is good.

9. NYC-- It's my favorite city to visit....I love the hustle and bustle, the lights, the noise....it's just like the movies and there's so much to do, see, and experience there....every time I go it's something different.

10. I love life and its adventures with all the craziness, happiness, sadness, etc....it brings and am so blessed to have a good one.


Have a happy Tuesday!! :)

No comments: