May 7, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Some famous movie quotes.....

Today in my American Lit class, we were discussing the upcoming movie release of The Great Gatsby (we are reading this novel in class currently, and the movie comes out Friday). While discussing the happenings of the novel up to the current chapter in addition to whether or not we thought the movie would be the same, the topic of great movies and movie quotes came up. Now, I love movies- watching movies is one of my favorite things to do when I have time to do so....in fact, at times I view moments and parts my life as if they were scenes from a movie....perhaps a little odd or strange, I know, but it's what I do sometimes....especially with the good memories and thoughts...gives me the opportunity to rewind, pause, press play, and repeat them etc....which can definitely make a not so good day better.... At any rate, during lunch today, I started to think about this and came up with a sort of list of famous movie quotes....This is by no means and exhaustive list, as there are far more I could have included, but rather just a few that came to mind while on this topic.....so, I thought I'd share. Enjoy!! :)

1. "You can't handle the truth" (A Few Good Men)


2. "There's no crying in baseball" (A League of Their Own)- This one is said almost daily in my house especially whenever one of my 5-year olds cries for no apparent reason.

3. "Houston, we have a problem" (Apollo, 13)
4. "What we have here is a failure to communicate" (Cool Hand Luke) - I have to admit I have used this one a time or two both at home and at school.

5. "I'll have what she's having" (When Harry met Sally)- I have to say this is one of my favorites...love this movie and this particular scene from the movie...a classic

6. "Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?" (Rush Hour)- This one is used regularly....and I have to say that when I use this one or think of this one, for some reason I feel the need to say it the way in which the character said it which is really quite something to see....

7. "Don't act like you're not impressed" (Anchorman)- One of the funniest, stupid movies I have ever seen.....you have to appreciate this kind of humor in order to appreciate this quote....it's definitely not intellectual....funny nonetheless

8. "Life is like a box of chocolates..." (Forrest Gump)- One of the more profound movie quotes...

9. "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya...?" (Dirty Harry)

10. "Thank you sir, may I have another" (Animal House)- This one comes to mind, often with much sarcasm....especially after any rough day at work or whenever the day just seems to continue piling on things and I can't catch a break...it always makes me feel better and does the trick

Of course there are so many more I could add to this list, but this will do for now.






No comments: