May 6, 2013

Funny Side of life.....Monday side up

So it's Monday, and I have just finished up a loooong day of EOCT testing at school. For those not up on school acronym's that stands for End of Course Testing. This is a contradicition in and of itself because we still have 2 1/2 weeks of school left and I am still teaching the course for which my students have just taken the end of course test. Crazy, right?? Ahhh, gotta love the school business....sometimes I really do wonder who in the world is making up the rules and when was the last time they were actually present in a real, live classroom/school? Curious as to whether or not there are others who share this view point....I will save my opinion on politics that I really can't change and focus on the fact that I am gainfully employed doing something I LOVE.....am pretty lucky in that regard because not too many people are able to say that about their jobs.

Back to Monday....Monday's are just....well, Monday's. I can't remember the last time I really got excited about Monday's except for when I have a Monday off, or have plans to do something fun, or see a friend I haven't seen in a while, and of course if it's payday...other than that, I am not a fan of Monday's.....but they do have a purpose, I suppose, though I am still searching for what that purpose is. If someone reading this knows the purpose of Monday's please let me know....

While browsing the internet over the weekend doing some research for my last few weeks of lessons at school, I came across several pictures, cartoons, etc....that depict the feeling Monday brings so I know I am not alone in my thinking....some were very humorous, some were kind of on the nasty side, and some were overly optimistic....I don't have anything incredibly enlightening to share with you today other than the fact that it's Monday....a chance to start a new week....a week closer to summer vacation....4 more days until Friday...gotta see the positive side to things, right?

At any rate, I thought I'd share some of my favorite Monday pics....maybe it'll brighten your day since the sun is still playing hide-n-seek....and hey, Monday's almost over and before you know it, it will be Friday again.....hope these make you chuckle or at least bring a half-smile to your face as they did mine....(no, it does not take much to entertain me....) Have a great Monday and week!!



 









No comments: