March 5, 2013

Ahh, the age of Realism

Again, a non-children post....but one I thought I'd share anyway....so in my American Lit class we are beginning a new unit on Realism..quite the opposite of Romanticism, which we just finished, and quite frankly somewhat of a downer...who needs a reminder of what's going on in the real world when one can lazily daydream and idealize the perfect world, right? I have come to the conclusion that I am somewhere in between the two....I always have grandiose ideas in my head, but then I also have the reality somewhere in the back of my mind. If I can ever figure out how to get the two to work together without causing too much trouble, I will be in business. At any rate, I came across some Mark Twain quotes that I thought were worth sharing and spending some time pondering.... lately I've been doing a lot of pondering and retreating....I think it's a coping mechanism.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."


"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

 
"The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they know and then stop."

"A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation."  

Just some food for thought today....there were so many, I could have made a quite lengthly list. However, I will spare all of the non-quote readers the pain. If you'd like to read more of them, check out the website www.brainyquote.com which is where I came across these. Have a great Tuesday!

No comments: